Wednesday 25 November 2015

Interesting appointment

I had an interesting week last week, following my visit to the GP a couple of weeks ago. He referred me back to Neurology because the hypersensitivity and muscular jerking have become worse over the past year or two. Although there is some jerking on the left, it is much worse on the right, which is where the hypersensitivity seems to be confined to.

Last time I saw the Neurologist was a couple of years ago, when I had MRI scans and was referred to a Speech Therapist. As nothing significant showed up in any of the tests that were done, things were left there, which is exactly what should have happened. There were two relatively minor things that showed up tests. The first was elevated levels on the ESR test. This is a non-specific indicator of inflammation, that has been consistently high for the past eleven years at least. It is a lot lower than it was back then, which I count as a good thing. The second was a minor blip in the right-hand cerebral cortex. Nothing particularly significant at all. I have had blips show up in CT and/or MRI scans in the past that have later vanished. I did get to see what my brain looks like on an MRI scan though, something which I found fascinating.




Given that things have gotten worse, the neurologist wants to double-check things and see whether there is anything obvious going on. I was meant to have an MRI scan on Monday, but due to a voice-stealing cold I wasn't well enough to go, so have an appointment on Friday instead. He also mentioned nerve conductivity tests on all limbs, which I am not keen on as a lot of the time even the lightest touch on my skin is painful. He's suggested a couple of other tests and asked me if I wanted to try some physio, but was cautious because of my pain levels.

I figure that I am confident enough to tell a physio if they try to push too hard, so I told my neurologist that I was gobby enough to deal with an over-enthusiastic physio and that I would try anything that may help. With any luck the next twelve months will see an improvement.

1 comment:

  1. buy super p force online interferes with the production of a hormone called PDE5. It relaxes the blood vessels surrounding the penis to allow increased blood flow during sexual arousal. When using it, men can easily get and maintain a hard erection after being sexually stimulated.

    ReplyDelete